I’m still alive, I have to stop starting posts like this. Although barely, big qualifying exam coming up for school to prove I’m worth something. Listening to music takes some emotional commitment on my part and unfortunately that gets taken up by everything else. I’ve been checking out random stuff lately though, slowly getting back into the music scene. In terms of remixes, my typical fallback for great music, it’s been disappointing. I think dubstep really got a stranglehold on things. As for original music, I’m delightfully surprised. Let’s just say, this is inspirational for me to start listening and start posting again. Also, I finally got a decent music listening set-up going at home with some old-school Harbeth speakers. Let me tell you, this is a major improvement from my previous set-up which was cheap ass bookshelf Sony speakers from who knows when (I know, you lost any respect you had for me). Comparing the before and after, it’s completely eye opening… or ear opening? It’s like I listened to music in the past with saran wrap around my ears. Those audiophiles aren’t straight up bat shit crazy!
Anyways, let’s get to the music shall we? No remixes today, been checking Hype Machine lately to revive my music taste buds. Great stuff right now, starting off with one of my favorite tracks of the half-week, Panama Wedding‘s All of the People. Don’t know much about this band, but I’m definitely interested. Also one that really caught my attention, Disclosure‘s Help Me Lose My Mind featuring London Grammar. Lastly, let’s go back to the 80’s, Scenic Shockwaves. What, I like retro.
Came across this great mix by Stopmakingme for FADER, original post here. At the same time finding this mix, I also found out I lost all my old mixes, including the ones I made. Very unfortunate. So I decided to get some new mixes into my collection starting with this one.
Included three tracks, check the bottom of the post for the tracklist and stream for the mix. First is the Marcus Marr remix of Shit Robot Take Em Up. Second is my personal favorite from this mix, the Get A Room remix of Scenic This Can’t Be. If you don’t know me already, this kind of sound gets me every time. And lastly, his remix of Hercules and Love Affair My House.
Shit Robot – Take Em Up (Marcus Marr Remix)
Scenic – This Can’t Be (Get A Room Remix)
Hercules and Love Affair – My House (Stopmakingme Remix)
1. Remute – Cowbell Mania Pt.1
2. Stopmakingme – Rattle
3. Tribute – We Love Debbie
4. Shit Robot – Take Em Up (Marcus Marr Remix)
5. Scenic – This Can’t Be (Get A Room! Remix)
6. Hercules & Love Affair – My House (Stopmakingme Remix)
7. In Flagranti – Peculiar Protagonist (Stopmakingme Remix)
8. Stopmakingme – Smint (In Flagranti Remix)
9. Virgo – Mechanically Replayed
10. Discodeine – Ring Mutilation
11. Tiga – Pleasure From The Bass
12. Telephones – Kanal (Prins Thomas Remix)
13. Tevo Howard – Foreigner
14. Bag Raiders – Sunlight (Stopmakingme Remix)
16. Lost In Paris interlude
17. Lykke Li – Get Some (Beck Remix)
18. Electronicat – Savage Cat
19. Naum Gabo – Spessivtseva
20. Prince – Sign O’ The Times
21. Headman – Blue Girls (Richard D. Clouston Remix)
22. Ono – Give Peace A Chance (Richard Fearless Remix)
23. Stopmakingme & The Deadstock 33s – Gravity